Residenzschloss Ludwigsburg Duke Eberhard Ludwig von Wuerttemberg (1693 - 1733) when he was 27 years old, in 1704 laid the cornerstone in his forests 14 km to the north of Stuttgart for a hunting castle. This was the beginning of the impressive Baroque residence, the largest German castle grounds, completed by 1733, consisting of 18 buildings with in all 452 rooms in a 32 hectare large park. The building masters were Johann Friedrich Nette and Donato Guiseppe Frisoni. The Italian painter of frescos, Colomba, and the plasterers Carlone and Retti outdid themselves with the courtly splendor. In addition to the "old", the first Corps de Logis, the game pavilion, the hunting pavilion and the court chapel arose. In the axle of the Corps de Logis, at some distance as a point de vue, is the pleasure castle Favorite with its many towers. But only the construction of the new Corps de Logis in the twenties of the 18th century really made Ludwigsburg to the "Swabian Versailles". The castle grounds today are home to the porcelain factory founded in 1758, the garden show "Blooming Baroque" and serves as a venue for the castle festival.