Palazzo di Brera, Milan In Via Brera 28, there is the impressive Palazzo di Brera. Its construction started in 1651 but ended only in 1773. In 1780 Piermarini added a great portal. The inside courtyard is decorated by arches and columns and in the middle Antonio Canova’s bronze statue of Napoleon (1811). Now the palazzo is the seat of the Brera Art Gallery, the Brera Library, the Academy of Fine Arts, as well as the Astronomical Observatory.