Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona

Konusu 'Spain' forumundadır ve GamZe tarafından 13 Aralık 2008 başlatılmıştır.

1. GamZe Moderator

Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau

Walk around the shaded gardens of this old hospital de La Santa Creu. Antoni Gaudi died here in 1926.

In 1401, six hospitals in the city of Barcelona merged to form the Hospital de la Santa Creu, a fine example of civilian gothic architecture. With the growth of the city and the advances in medicine in the 19th century, the centre was unable to meet the demands of the time and construction of a new building was proposed.

Thanks to the legacy of Pau Gil, a banker, the first stone of the new building was laid on January 15th, 1902. “Sant Pau” was added to the old name of “ la Santa Creu” to honour the wishes of its benefactor. The architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner was commissioned with the project.

Over the years, the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau has become the most significant public building in Catalan modernisme.The architectural complex of Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau is an unmistakable landmark in the culture and heritage of Barcelona city in particular and in Catalonia in

Its architectural and patrimonial value extends beyond its urban location and the site has won European and international acclaim. In 1997, together with the Palau de la Música Catalana (one of the world's leading concert halls), it was declared World Heritage by UNESCO for its singular architectural and artistic beauty

Address : C. Del Carme, 47.
    Zip code : 08025
    City : Barcelona
    Area : El Raval
    Opening hours : open from 10 am to 2 pm, Monday to Sunday.
    Phone : +34 93 256 25 04

2. GamZe Moderator

3. GamZe Moderator

Sayfayı Paylaş